Engage.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Portland, OR

"Well Portland Oregon and sloe gin fizz
If that ain't love then tell me what is...
Well I lost my heart it didn't take no time
But that aint all. I lost my mind in Oregon..."

Maybe Loretta Lynn and I lost our hearts in Portland, Oregon. Maybe we fell in love with the town. Its too soon to tell for sure. A little time will have to pass before I can guage my fondness for its silly garden fetish, monster houses, mini-nyc downtown, labrynth-style bookstores, and largely hipter-free tourist-free districts. All in all, it was a beautiful place..and I only saw a fraction of it. I can't wait to go back and cruise its streets on a two-wheeled, humanpowered form of transportation. The city is huge. Getting "lost" in its neighborhoods is a must-do activity. A coffee shop, music store, beautiful park, hole-in-the-wall used book store, or second-hand clothing shop, is never too far away. Anydorrito, I didn't mean to write a tourist's guide of the town. I meant to write a little about what I did, how I did it, who I did it with, and what great fun was had by all involved. That will have to wait as I'm dead tired. 15 or so hours of quality REM in 4 days will do that to ya. Oh, and too much coffee. Oh, and shuffling over miles of city sidewalks. And, too much good food--like good sex, it puts you to sleep. Driving. Lets not forget the driving. Goodnight. I bet I sleep better than you...

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I had to get up early. I am sure that you did sleep better than I. *yawn*

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger The PC said...

yep, you probably do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home