Engage.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hello.

I've spent some time lately rereading some of what I've written over the last 3 point 9 years here on this blog, and I've realized a few things. First, I used to write a lot more than I do now. And I used to write really long blogs. Reading long blogs feels work.

Part of the reason I stopped writing so much is because I used to think I should always have a lot of interesting things to say, which made writing more of a process. Now I realize that its actually a chore to read a long blog, even if it is interesting. And hate to say it, but some of my attempts to entertain were actually obnoxious (at least to me). Perhaps the thing I enjoyed the most about reading through my old blogs was revisiting daily activities. So, with these lessons learned, its time to get back to writing on a regular basis.

Today I slept in. Lately I've been sleeping pretty well, though not very deeply. Its probably because of all the time spent at the gym. I'm getting in better and better shape, so I think I'm more tired and breathing easier at night.

On the way to work this morning, I stopped by St Luke's Starbucks and procured a venti coffee. Most mornings I look forward to a good cup of coffee or a mocha. My favorite is a white chocolate mocha or a regular mocha from the Flying M, but I try to save a little money a few days a week by opting for the plain coffee with cream and sweetener, or skipping coffee altogether. Anyway, today I had a Starbucks coffee, which was pretty terrible. After having garlic breath last night thanks to Fern's tasty garlic and chives mashed potatoes, today's uber strong coffee breath was especially unwelcome.

I was especially layed back and jovial at work today. Sundays are often quite casual, what with no superiors around and work lasting from 11-4pm. (I'm the "boss" on Sundays, but this time of year business is slow and there's no reason to be a hard ass). These days my company at work are two fun loving people-Toby and Karen. We had a good time.

I met Fern at Winco after work and we did a little shopping before going over to my place. I decided that I wanted meatloaf. I bought the ingredients and made a big ol' loaf for Fern and I. We enjoyed it while watching a couple episodes of CSI. Fern finished knitting a black balaclava for me today. We had some fun posing like ninjas. At any rate, it was a comfortable and affordable domestic night for the two of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home