Engage.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

here it is






photos #3 and #5 show the parts of the car that are in the worst condition. For some reason, the passenger side doors have several small areas where paint was chipped away. Otherwise, the car is in amazing shape. An old lady owned this car for several years, drove it slowly a short distance every day, and the condition of the car is what one would expect given these facts. There are no cracks in the glass and all hubcaps are present. I took the car to a mechanic for a tuneup to ensure that it would start on the coldest of winter mornings. The car started right up after several months of sitting. It is a very smooth operator, it glides down the road. It has power steering. The engine is a slant 6, which is known for its extreme longevity and reliability. I really, really, really love this car. Literally everyone I know had nothing but good things to say about it upon first sight. Alas, I cannot suffer credit card bills any longer. I am committed to paying them off, so the car must go. Leave a comment/question and I will answer promptly.

9 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yow! Fancy wheels.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Fern, I apologize, but I do not quite understand your question regarding the 1975 Plymouth Valiant which I have decided to place on sale. The wheels are indeed fancy, having been made in Detroit by the finest craftsmen in the USA. They grant the viewer an eyeful of chrome. I am not sure of the wheels' particular cost or societal "bling bling" factor, but I assure you that it would not be an error to utilize the term "fancy" in reference to them. I appreciate your interest and share your admiration for the vehicle. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you as you set out to purchase yourself new items to suit your "fancy" (lol!).

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The wheels, were they handmade and was the emblem handpainted by the delicate hands of a Danish schoolboy? I want only the finest.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Vernarial said...

Picky.Picky.Picky. One cannot put a price on a classic. I'm still waiting for you to join in the debate a crapolarex.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Josh said...

It is entirely possible that the wheels where handmade and hand painted by a Danish school boy.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Vernarial said...

Most likely they were made by an 8 year old girl in some indonesian sweatshop. :)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Josh said...

I do not discriminate against race or age. If 8 year old indonesians want to build high quality wheels, I will let them.

On another note, WHAAAAA!! Absolutely no one has called or blogged to voice an interest in the car. Which sucks. Because I spent some mon's on an add in the Boise Weekly, and I was SURE that things were going to happen for me... sniff. sniff.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Amy Claybaugh said...

if i was in the market for a car, this would be a serious contender. i had no idea you were the proud owner of a dodge dart/plymouth valiant. my first car ever was a '64 valiant with push button transmission. i loved that car with a firey passion. oh! and my mom used to drive a '69 dart. oh love, oh joy, oh rapture.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Josh said...

it was love, er lust?, at first sight. those dodge darts/plymouth valiants are just so drned cute. I'm glad to hear you share the love Ms. Chan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home