Engage.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Its insane. The status of my internet connection is so unpredictable. For months I couldn't connect. Now its been a few weeks since I was able to get back on line; but, like, every other day the connection can't be made. Its carazay!

Well now, that was pointless.

There have been a lot of good things happening to me in my life, just in case you were wondering. Its been a spell since I've written and informed any of you-friends, family, and creepy strangers-about the going ons in Josh Land (a land that consists not only of the ground I ride my bike over, but of the light years inside my head which little electrical pulses travel each and every day [...]). For the most part, the good things happening in my world can be blamed on the efforts of two enlightened people who just wanna have fun. Fern and I like to partay and shake our groove thangs every day of the week...er, or until we're broke and can't afford the cover charges. We enjoy downtown Boise in the day for its coffee shops, clothing stores with diabolical "bling bling" fashion accessories, superb sushi and burrito joints, and a plethora of other public and private establishments. We love downtown Boise at night because of its dance club/bars, as well its beeauutiful weather (except for now...and yesterday...and maybe the next 3 months). Yesterday, the sun actually made an appearance long enough for us hike around Table Rock and take in the great view of town. Unfortunately, things have been a titch too cold (and dark) to get out on the mountain bikes much. By the way, day light savings time es no muy bueno. I say let the little kids wait for the bus in the dark. Its cold anyway. Darkness is a slight discomfort compared to being forced to stand in the cold and attend school. We can't do anything to screw with the temperature, so we shouldn't screw with time. Leave the laws of nature alone. Anyway, I wish I could still ride my bike in sunlight after I get off work. I won't attempt to list all the fun things I've done lately. Just trust me. Fern and I haven't let up on that whole carpe diem thing.

I've been having some thoughts that I think are worth sharing and talking about. One thought has to do with a "free-project" approach to life. To remain sharp and content yet largely free to control the activities of our day to day life, we should create projects for ourselves that we are passionate about, and we should be serious about seeing the projects and plans through. The idea might not sound all that life altering and it might end up going nowhere, but if I can successfully implement it, I'll be reaping most of the rewards of a carreer lifestyle but with more freedom and joy.

Concerning some of my favorite subjects of the past, I might revisit them if I keep my internet connection, but for the most part I feel as if I've reached some pretty solid conclusions about things like religion and politics. I kind of enjoy getting riled up about such things, but there's got to be an argument that's compelling enough to get me off my seat and talk. I'd love it if all who read this told me what issue is the most vexing/intriguing to them at the moment. I need a bit of inspiration. Good night.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Vernarial said...

My latest project is www.crapolarex.com
I have been bugging you to join and I'm sure you can find a few topics to argue about. My latest topic I thought would really spark some good debate was about welfare programs. I got a few replies, but was kinda disappointed in the debate.
Sorry about the lackluster response to your car ad. Sounds like you and Fern are livin it up. I almost came up to Boise for Halloween, but the plans fell through. I would enjoy a visit with you one of these days, but right now work is going to get even busier.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I would enjoy a visit too.
I can't wait to get into the thick of things at crapolarex...things just keep coming up...like sleep for instance...its almost midnight and boy am i tired...can't even capitalize my i's, how pitiful.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home