Engage.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Help Me Understand

Instead of acting like I know it all, as is normally the case, I want to submit to you my reader that I am completely clueless when it comes to at least one tiny aspect of our society--that being the fatty stubby skater-kid shoe. Please, for the love of god, someone explain to me why kids (and even many adults) think those shoes are cool. Do you know the shoes I'm talking about? They have super fatty tongues which are normally allowed to pooch out due to the lack of taughtness in the super fatty laces. I cannot comprehend who or what originally made these shoes the cool thang. I can't think of a band, actor, artist, or anybody else that made the look attractive to millions of people around the world. As an "artist", I'm unable to find anything aesthetically appealing about the shoes. I can only conclude that they are the work of the devil.

3 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I cannot help you with this one. Although, I admit to owning (and wearing frequnetly) a pair of ridiculously large Airwalk shoes, the shoes which you are referring to I have always found hiddeous.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Have I seen these Airwalk shoes? Now you've got me all worried. Could my girlfriend be kickin it in the devil clogs?
Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who must feel baffled every time he walks into Zumies.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

No, you have not seen these Airwalk shoes. I do not own these shoes anymore. And they were the ones that looked similar to Converse and less like skater shoes. They actually did not look like skater shoes at all despite being manufactured by a skateboarding shoe company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home