Engage.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Renewed Appreciation

I'd like to express my appreciation for iced mochas, shockingly beautiful sunsets, Boise summer evenings, and being alive to experience them. They're all very nice things.

However, all is not rainbows and roses. "Shopping" for a dentist is apparantly a foreign concept in our society. I suppose when insurance usually pays for a particular type of service, price consideration goes out the window.

I've got a quick question for those who aced the grammar sections of their SATs. When is the use of the word "that" appropriate?? Should I have placed a "that" inbetween the words "suppose" and "when" in the last sentence of the last paragraph? "I suppose when insurance..." vs. "I suppose that when insurance..." This may be the grammatical dilema I find myself in most often.

Right; other things that tend to suck: Really long drives. Senior citizens with poor eyesight driving oversized utility trucks over the white line. Also, trying to maintain a good posture when you can't fully plant your weight on your left cheek.

Finally, because the good really does outweigh the bad, I'll close by noting a few things that are especially awesome. Fern's Karen O shirt. Having a clean apartment that also happens to be really cool. Getting to save the world one bicycle at a time. Intellectual stimulation, even if that intellectual stimulation comes from reading a book written by a dimwit (The Reconstruction of Belief, by Charles Gore). Flickr and looking at a slide show of recent adventures. Oh, and George Hincapie recovering from his scary crash in the Paris Roubaix in April and taking 2nd in the Dauphine Libre prologue yesterday, the traditional prep race for the Tour de France. Vive le Tour!

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I know that you have a crush on Karen O., but my shirt is not a Karen O. shirt. It is a Kenneth Cole shirt which I distinctly remember being featured in Vogue a few years ago as one of the coolest shirts ever. The difference may be subtle, but it is there.
Anyway, I keep having flashes of car accident possibilities in my head. Traumatized me.
I'm glad that you can still have a positive outlook.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Josh said...

for those who must see the karen-o, er, I mean kenneth cole shirt, there is a picture on fern's flikr of fern lounging on her read couch in a black and white shirt...that's it.
I'm looking forward to leaving trauma behind and replacing it with drama n' good karma. How about you?

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Josh said...

red...er, red couch/chair, I meant to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home