Engage.

Monday, May 29, 2006

My Five Day Weekend

Four days down, one to go till the end of a great five day weekend. The way it happened was I had my usual Friday and Saturday off, then Mike worked for me Sunday in exchange for my working this next Saturday, then today is Memorial Day and the store was closed, and finally Tomorrow is another one of my scheduled days off. Cool, eh?

So, just for the record (as opposed to for your entertainment) here's what I've done over the last four days.

Friday:
Watched the Giro d' Italia live on the net. Jens Voigt broke away with a Spanish climber at the end of a very difficult mountain stage. Amazingly, Voigt hung with him all the way to the finish, but did not race for the win. He patted the Spaniard on the back, shook his hand, and allowed him to cross the line for the victory. This "gift" was given because Voigt's teammate Basso was winning the entire race, and Voigt had not worked with the Spaniard for most of the climb. In case you needed to know.
After viewing the Giro, I cleaned the apartment a bit, and headed off to meet Fern for lunch. I brought her an Italian sub from Blimpies, juice, chips, and cookies (I am an excellent provider). We ate in the hospital cafeteria since the weather had turned fairly cold outside.
Next, I went to the Flying M and read. Fern met me there when she got off work. We both were thinking sushi for dinner, so we ended up at Zutto's and had an absolutely amazing meal. Then we cleaned up at Fern's and hit the dance floor at The Balcony. It was a fun and interesting experience. (See Fern's blog)

Saturday:
After watching the second-to-last Giro stage live on the net (Basso won over Simoni), I met Fern at the Flying M. Elizabeth (Fern's good friend) and Edvin met us there for a chat (they were visiting from Portland). We all left and went to Fern's apartment. Elizabeth and Edvin took a walk. Fern and I ended up going downtown, stopping in at the Record Exchange and the Lux. Next, we had lunch at Cafe Ole. We split a chicken enchilada, yum. Then we browsed around at Shoes and Funktion before catching a matinee at Bodo's Edwards 9. We watched Xmen 3, "The Last Stand". Highly entertaining indeed. Next, we drove to Barnes n' Nobles for some more R&R&R (rest, relaxation, and reading). On the way home, I picked up dinner at Wendi's drive-thru. It had rained almost the entire day.

Sunday:
Met Fern at the Flying M again. Elizabeth arrived to meet Fern for some BF time. I went home, had lunch, and took a nap. Fern called later. We went for a walk down alleys and through part of downtown. Next, we went to Fred Meyers and did some grocery shopping. We picked up a DVD at Hollywood. At my apartment we made an amazing dinner of tender steak, citrus broccoli, acorn squash, and sauteed mushrooms. We dipped the steak and mushrooms in A1 steak sauce and beef gravy. The movie we watched, Aeon Flux, was simply awesome. In addition, we consumed a bottle of good wine. The quality evening continued until it was time for both of us to go to bed.

Monday (today):
Slept in fairly late. Fern picked me up and we went to Starbucks for our morning mocha, chat, and paper/book read. For lunch we grabbed a couple subs from Subway. We drove out to Meridian, to Boondocks, where we met Sarah and Kelly for two rounds of miniature golf. It was fun despite the sun's rays sans sunscreen and despite a freak who told us we should hurry up (he was a freak because only someone who's lost his mind would say such a thing to me and risk getting punched in the face-I'm a peaceful person, really...). Fern took me home where I ate some toast, watched tv, and took a short nap. I got up and met Fern for an easy bike ride out hill road, down a canal road and back. I rode home, took a shower, and met Fern again for dinner at her place and some happy fun times playing "smashmitten" and tossing the "Poof" football around in the Boise High School football field. We ended the night talking and drinking a beer on her porch.

3 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I stayed up last night writing a summary of my four day weekend in my journal. At least I remembered to mention the "noodle war".

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Josh said...

The noodle war? I just thought that was really sexy foreplay...nothing unusual. I kid!
Do you have any photos that aren't horrendous that can be posted?

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

i have photos, though possibly embarrassing. i'll take another look at them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home