Engage.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It was a beautiful day today. Right, there was that one torrential downpour from 5 to 6pm, about the time Fern and I were supposed to be tearing up the trails on our mountain bikes. Once again, rain foiled our plans. Its now settled: 2006 will be remembered as the springless year. I just hope summer and autumn make a showing before it starts snowing again.

Fern and I made the best of the situation and spent the majority of the evening at Barnes n' Nobles. A pleasant time for sure, just not quite as thrilling as catching air down Central Ridge.

Needless to say, I'm ready for a good time. Unfortunately, my idea of a good time so often involves outdoor activities, which makes me a tad dependent upon the current temperature and precipitation. Right.

This afternoon, I created an entirely new blog called "Reconstruction of Disbelief". The purpose of this blog is to spare friends and family the pain of having to read through all of the material I intend to write as part of the research and analysis of religious belief/disbelief and philosophy of morality which I'm just beginning.

Other notes on the day: I finished reading "An Essay on Morals" by Phylip Wylie. At Barnes n' Nobles, I bought the Black Eyed Peas "Monkey Business" and Kanye West "Late Registration"-the only two rap/hip hop albums I've purchased since 1993, when I acquired the Tresspass soundtrack.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What about M.I.A. - you bought that not too long ago...

I am also needing the moisture levels outside to reduce dramatically. What is up with so much essence of wettness??? Really.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Josh said...

total. I thought essences of things were always magical and positive.

Your absolutely right-I bought MIA about a year ago. And I've thought about buying Missy Elliot enough times for it to count for something. Ah yes, I bought a Sade album when I was 16ish.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Josh said...

hmm, trying to figure out how to travel from one blog to the next...
and to provide a link to my new blog...
anyway, here's the address:
http://reconstructionofdisbelief.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks. I meant to ask you what the address was for the blog, but I got distracted. I can show you how to link if you want. Unfortunately, it's necessary to be naked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home