Engage.

Monday, March 27, 2006

The weather during my night ride last Thursday was ok but for the 30mph winds that threatened to blow me off the trail. The next day, the temperature dropped 10-20 degrees, making it feel like February again. On Saturday I had to work. We got quite a show in the afternoon, as a storm instantly filled our parking lot with rain and hail. This inclement weather really made me grumpy. At least there was something to gripe about over the weekend. When I checked the forcast for the week I saw that temperatures were to remain low, in the thirtees and low fourtees. So it goes without saying that when I stepped outside of the shop this afternoon into a beautiful warm day, I was pleasantly surprised. I decided then and there that I would be riding after work. Later, I received a message from Fern which informed me that she had concluded the same thing. Sandy allowed me to leave ten minutes early so that I could rush home, change, meet Fern, and hit the trails while there was still adequate daylight to see by. Fern and I followed a course which included two moderate climbs and one challenging climb, as well as three especially fun descents of the thrill-factors 5, 7, and 9 (on a 1-10 scale). We made it back to town just as it became too dark to ride without a light. I then stopped by the Co-op and picked up some pasta sauce and wine. I took these goods home, cleaned up, ate dinner, and accompanied Fern to the Flying M where I read The End of Faith and got angry at Christians, and Fern began knitting herself a striped hat.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

yay for sunny, yet windy, weather yesterday! perhaps spring hasn't yet sprung, but i'm going to pretend that it has sprung all over the place. hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home