Engage.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sorry, there is no new post today. Please try again later when I'm not as tired. It's 1am and I'm powering down in anticipation of a very very satisfying night's slumber. I don't work tomorrow, so I will be able to sleep in. Also, my left buttock has regenerated itself almost completely, thus I should be able to lie in bed in whatever position I fancy.
If you ignored my previously stated assurance that there is no new post today and have read on this far, It might do you well to know that my weekend was a pleasant one. Fern and I shaked what our mommas' gave us at the Balcony on Pride Night, Saturday night. Earlier that day we ventured west to Nampa where we had our first experience in the new Flying M Coffee Garage. The establishment's design was stunning, but its edibles were less than stellar. We galivanted around downtown Nampa; checking out a knitting store (heaven on earth for Fern), an antique store, and a-place-to-eat store, otherwise known as a restaurant. Before leaving the quaint village of Nampa, we visited a couple second hand clothing stores and suprisingly found nothing but a bunch of junk not worth purchasing.
Yesterday evening, Fern and I accompanied Devlyn to the Shakespeare Festival amphitheatre and watched a production entitled "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum." (correct me if I'm wrong) The weather was perfect and while the play was no episode of The Daily Show, it was very humorous in less intelligent sorts of ways, which is something I can appreciate from time to time. The play WAS funny, but if it were much less funny, I'd simply call it "good natured". During the play; Devlyn, Fern, and I lounged on a slanty bit of grass and dined on a pasta salad supremo as well as excellent cheeses, wine, and chocolate. I could not enjoy the bread supplied by Devlyn as I am allergic to all crunchy breads. At any rate, it was a beautiful evening of merriment.
By the way, Friday evening was kind of neat too. Fern and I travelled to Eagle in order to see what fun could be had during "Eagle Fun Days". For me the fun amounted to watching category 1 and 2 cyclists race in a criterium, listening to live tunes, talking to a few people I know, watching other people and children do silly things, and ofcourse hanging out with Fern-with whom every day is a "fun day".
In the meantime, Fern is rapidly developing into a competent road cyclist. I'm hoping I will soon return to form on both bikes.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's sad, really, you not being around to witness all of the progress that I'm making on my new bike. In a few days, I'll take you on my ride and hopefully won't wear you out too much. :~)

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Josh said...

like missing a baby's first steps, and then having that baby drop you on your first walk together...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home