Engage.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yesterday I used my remaining paid vacation hours of the year and left work early, at 11am. First, I finished fixing up my cross bike (which has been neglected, sitting out back in the weather for months). Then I took full advantage of the unseasonably warm weather (in the 50s+) by riding my cross bike up 2 miles of snow, slush, and ice on Rocky Canyon Road. It was a lot of effort but also a lot of fun. Before heading home I rode to Table Rock. After the road turned to dirt, I rode through mud, slush, and a 100ft long puddle made by fast melting snow. At its deepest point, my feet were submerged, but I kept pedaling and made it through.

Later in the day, I met Fern at the YMCA and had an excellent upper body workout on some equipment I never used before. The last activity of the evening was reading cycling magazines at Barnes n' Nobles.

Today I worked a eight hours. Business was very slow. Oh, and by the way, one of the customers I helped out a couple of days ago (Cheryl) came back yesterday while I was off and bought the women's road bike I showed her. I didn't accomplish much at work today however, but I did find a list of Boise's biggest employers (like Micron, St Luke's, and BSU) which included the number of employees actually employed by those employers (wee!). I'll use this list and the bike route maps I now have to come up with recommendations for commuter routes to and from these major places of employment.

After work it was all about two things: Laundry and a tornado chasers reality show. I had an enormous amount of laundry to do-I actually spent more than 10 dollars and washed and dried seven loads of laundry. Thankfully the Discovery Channel was playing back-to-back episodes of their tornado chasers program. Everyone knows that if I wasn't a sales manager at a bike shop I'd be a storm chaser. So yeah, I was entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home