Engage.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

feel my pain

The thing about pain is that when your in it, there's nothing much else you're capable of thinking of about. Which sucks, because if the last few days of mind erasing pain left me with any viable memory of before the pain, its that before the pain, things were almost splendid. The past is fuzzy now, but I'm pretty sure that life consisted of a certain amount of pleasure and some level of anticipation. I think I was going to start getting really active. This girl I know bought a bike before the pain hit, and we rode together just enough to know that we were going to enjoy it more than two people should be allowed to. Oh right. I also think that I was looking forward to a period of not living paycheck to paycheck... ((this post should be atleast three times as long, but, um, blame it on the pain, whoa is me!! there's always editing later on))

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Very strange. I did not see this post until today...today the 21st of April when its date is the 19th of April. I wonder what is up with that, since I check your blog at least thrice a day.
Well, I hope that you are at least now able to properly medicate yourself so that the pain isn't as bad as it was. I am confident is your recovery soonish at which point you should resume this splendid life...although why you say it was only "almost splendid" I am unsure. harumph!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Josh said...

"splendid" is such a creepy/extreme/gay word, I don't think I was ready to claim it as my own. You can say my life before was splendid and be accurate. I just didn't want to be the one to say it.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I don't mean to nag, especially when you're sick, I don't mean to nag, but could you PLEASE refrain from using the word "gay" like that. It's very offensive. And there is nothing wrong with the word splendid. I was simply taken aback by your pointed use of the word "almost" to preface "splendid" and wanted some further explanation which did not need to include some white trash use of the word "gay". Anyroad, I am in a bad mood this lovely morning. I hope that you are weller than you have been.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Josh said...

hmmm, using the word gay isn't so white trash...I think its more gay, actually. Literally. I think gay people would use the word gay more often. i don't know. Its my fault for using a dumb slang word when it would have been more creative and accurate to say that "splendid" is a "dandy" or "aristocratic" word. There are straight dandies out there..its even a little trendy.
The post is dated the 19th because I wrote most of it on the 19th and saved it as draft since I wanted to write more before I posted it. the end

 

Post a Comment

<< Home