Engage.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Yeehaw, I'm feeling like I'm about to puke and I'm not sure why. Am I having bad caffeine withdrawls after drinking a Mountain Dew a few hours ago? You know, I'm not sure things the color of Mountain Dew should be consumed. Plutonium and the green slime you buy in coin machines are the same hue as The Dew. Would anyone reading this take a swig of those things? I would hope not. Alls I gots to say is that I'm real glad I'm a member of the smartest species on the planet, sos I can learn to avoid me some neon green food items from here on out.

Er, I suppose there could be other reasons I feel naseous. The minivacation I took this weekend, for example. Last night Fern and I arrived back in Boise after spending a couple of days in Bend, Oregon for the purpose of attending the first annual Summercamp music festival. The trip was sooo worth it, but long drives for short vacations have a way of making a person cranky, irritable, and ready to puke. I mean, long drives for short vacations and almost no sleep make a person cranky, irritable, and ready to puke. Rather; long drives for short vacations, almost no sleep, sitting in the hot sun for hours, wandering around a downtown that lacks a personality, eating random things at random times, sitting in geese poo, getting lost in a strange town while your stomach consumes itself, listening to Pedro the Lion give up on life through music, waiting 3 hours alongside a highway while emergency personnel cart off a dead body and clear the scene of a fatal head-on collision, and driving down the curviest, deeriest road in Oregon---can all add up to make a person a little cranky, irritable, ready to puke, and in need of some quality REM.

Now that I'm home, and just an hour or so away from burying myself in my sheet and comforter for the night, all of the less-than-perfect aspects of the trip are as good as forgotten. Sure I'm feeling some residual effects and sure it might take me another day or so to get back to being my usual jubilant self, but I saw the Decemberists in concert damnit!! Sweet Jesus it was cool. I'm a true fan, and if you were there you would have been able to tell that I'm a true fan by the sheer amount of wooing I was doing, by the permanent grin I had on my face, and by the creative jigs Fern and I performed thoughout the show. It was cool, just trust me.

The two things that really made the vacation for me were seeing The Decemberists and experiencing it all with Fern. This person, this Fern, aka Jennifer, is hilarious (if you hadn't figured that out by now). So silly, so expressionate, so emotive, so cute. Of course, its nice that she can engage in an enlightened conversation with me if the mood hits us. I could go on and on, but I'm overly aware of the fact that this is sounding like I'm shamelessly buttering up one of my loyal readers-Fern herself-when in fact I'm just writing what I feel inclined to write. I could continue upon special request, but right now I've got a big bowl of Chex calling my name.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ahhh...that's just the sort of thing that can make me feel extra good in the morning.
Well, I don't know about you, but I went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept until 7:00. I feel very well rested.
Incidentally, this weekend gave me a big outbreak of pimples. I think it was the general stress, crankiness, irritation, greasy foods, salty foods, and lack of normalcy. But so I have this huge pimple near to one of my eyes and I woke up with it completely swollen and I look as though I have a black eye. No bueno.
But I am back in Boise and I did receive ample sleep and rest last night and I do have a very quality life with quality people...so it's not like I'm complaining.
I don't know if you'll see this in time, but I should be done with work by 3:00 today. And I've got a date with someone named "Flying M".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home