Engage.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I'm so disappointed! Tonight, on the way home from Barnes n' Nobles, Jennifer told me about the drama that's been happening on Devlyn's site. A while back, Devlyn wrote a blog about her trip to Portland, and in doing so, she commented on how the opening act of a show she attended put her to sleep. The "artist" that she referred to googled his name and Devlyn's blog came up at the top of the page. He chose to post a comment in defense of himself by calling Devlyn a stupid girl and a white trash whore (or something like that). Several of Devlyn's friends responded, the musician responded back, and some sort of "debate" ensued (or at least the musician seemed to think that he was engaged in a debate-funny). My point for bringing this up: I'm disappointed I couldn't join the fray. That's all. Devlyn wisely chose to shut down the comment feature under the entry. I'm sure she'd prefer her blog not devolve into something like a Bill Oreilly interview session, regardless of how entertained I would be if it did.
Yeah, so I'm riding this big philosophy kick right now. I've been reading "The Philosophy of Marxism" as well as a book entitled "Introducing Hegel". I'm progressing through them both, learning a lot, and even enjoying the experience.
I've got more to say, but if I don't post this now, I'll be late for work. Later,

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I was too busy playing in the snow with you

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You were playing in the snow with Devlyn?

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Josh said...

yes, Devlyn and I were frolicking in the snow-making snow angels, having a snowball fight, eating snow cones, making yellow snow, whathaveyou-just a lot of fun in the snow, see?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home