Engage.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Its my Friday and I'll party if I want to... And I don't-want to, that is. I've already eaten, drunk, and behaved merrily tonight, and so I'm through with all that. I'm now looking forward to crawling into bed. And just like I always have room for desert, I can always stay up a little longer to play at least two games of spider solitaire. I don't think writing a blog is like playing spider solitaire though. I'm very capable of pooping out in the middle of sentences, so I'd better get down to business.
Tonight, Jennifer and I had the great privilege of attending a dinner at the home of Devlyn. We enjoyed three delectible courses; blessed with a dizzing array of flavorful vegetable dishes, a well seasoned chicken breast with spicy sauce, and a delightfully tart tart-all prepared and presented lovingly by the lady of the house, our hostess, Devlyn. And of course, fine wine filled our melodious crystal throughout the evening. A high time was had by all those in attendance; which happened to be Devlyn, Alisha, Laura, Kelly, Sarah, Amy, Jennifer, and I.
Some highlights of the evening were: Making our wine glasses hum by running wet fingers around their crests. Making buccaneer hats out of our cotton napkins. Pouring milk out of hollow cow into my cup of coffee. Getting really excited when Fern declared that she could see a lady next door who didn't appear to have her clothes on. We eventually realized she wasn't naked, but not after plenty of amusement and gawking on our part. ...Oh, and being enthralled with Fern's story of the events leading up to the breakage of her faucet.
Its been a week and four days since I became sick. I'd say that I'm over it completely, but I still hack (cough) every now and then, and I think I'm capable of sleeping for however long I allow myself-so clearly I'm still recovering. Otherwise, I've been in a much better mood and my energy level is up, especially at work. Today I swept and mopped the floor and organized/cleaned the back storage area, in addition to helping customers. A winter storm hit Idaho a couple of days ago, so we have snow at very low elevations. Bogus celebrated receiving 100+ inches of snow. Fern and I will be snowboarding either tomorrow night or Saturday or both. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also hoping that I feel up to snuff, physically speaking, so that I can thoroughly enjoy myself.
For the record, a couple of nights ago, Fern and I walked into the north end and enjoyed some beverages at Lucky 13. I downed a Bloody Marry and Fern sipped a glass of wine. During the walk we talked about how we'd like to get back to having nights dedicated to working on creative projects (drawing, writing, music, etc).
Yesterday evening Fern visited with Amy while I was at home cleaning the bejeesus out of everything, in addition to doing my laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home