Engage.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Here's just a quick run down of the last few days' events. Today: Sleep till 9:30ish. Meet Fern at Dawson Taylor for coffee chat n' read n' plan for San Fran trip. Eat lunch at Micky D's on Overland. Fern and I go our seperate ways so Fern can nap and Eric and I can find a place to watch the Amstel Gold race. Initially, folks at Bitter Creek wouldn't turn a tv to the Outdoor Life Network because, apparantly, some dude was watching an NBA game and needed all 4 tvs to do so. We checked the Ram, and despite being told over the phone that they have OLN, turned out they didn't. Buster's was closed (easter). We went back to Bitter Creek ready to get just a little belligerent if they wouldn't turn atleast one tv to OLN, but the waitress said we could before we opened our mouths. Watched the final 50 minutes of the race, which wasn't that exciting. Met Fern afterwards at her apartment. After a little R&R we walked Chester-the border collie of the person Fern is house sitting for. The weather was the nicest it had been all day as we walked around Camelback park. It was a pleasant time. Came to my apartment, ate dinner (pasta) and watched Alien 3, which I found to be quality entertainment.

Yesterday (Saturday) was a glorious day, weather-wise. Fern and I met at the M at 8:30 for mochas, and departed for the Owyhees an hour later with our bikes and gear. We rode one and a half times around the Barking Spider race course. Fern did well on the new terrain despite the horrendous wind that buffetted us from the southwest. We captured some photos of the adventure. Before leaving, we set out on a trail I hadn't been on before. It turned out to be one of the best trails I've ridden to date. Good times were had by all. Back in town we went our seperate ways, then met up to walk Chester. Saturday's walk was also nice, despite our legs being a bit weary. That evening we had a supreme pizza made at Winco's Leonardi's and watched Alien 2, which was shitty but not without its entertainment value.

Friday, the first day of my three day weekend, I found myself at River City Bagel, reclining on a leather couch, with a vanilla latte in one hand and the Davinci Code in the other. Later I went home intending to clean house and plan the evening, but because the weather was so nice, I ended up going on a very enjoyable road ride with Eric. We headed out Hill Road, up Seamans Gulch, down to Hidden Springs, turned around at a bridge that was under construction, back up and over Seaman's Gulch, to the Cemetary, up n' down the Vet's hill, and back home on Hill Road. We stopped off at Subway for sandwiches and cookies. I was near bonking as the only thing I had eaten up until 3pm was some toast. After cleaning up a bit, I readied myself for another bike ride with Fern, this time on mountain bikes. Fern, however, had dog-walking duties to attend to, so I met up with her n' Chester along a trail and accompanied her back to Share's house, where we chatted as she consumed a food item. Given the hour and Fern's lack of sleep the night before, we opted to not go for a bike ride and instead hang out at my apartment for a bit.

Thursday, I got off work fairly late and headed out for a bike ride of my own. As always, I enjoyed hammering up the mini-mesa, past the archery range, up the new switchback trail, to Bucks, up Shains, down Shains, and back home the way I came. I arrived home just as it became dark. With little time left in the evening, I called Fern and suggested we cancel any plans for a get together.

I apologize for the "just the facts" style of this blog, but I'm in a hurry as I really should be in bed right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home