Engage.

Friday, January 02, 2009

I slept in today 'till about 11:30am. Was going to do something productive, but ended up being a couch potato for about an hour, eating two bowls of cereal while watching an exciting stage of the 08 Tour with Eric. Then I got ready to go to the gym. At the Y I spent about 25 minutes on an Espresso bike, stretched, and spent another 50 minutes on the bike. I meant to work on maintaining a high rpm because my legs were feeling a bit heavy and tired after my attacks yesterday, but one pedal on the machine was making a squeaky noise at high revs, so I ended up pedaling slowly and doing some one-legged exercises for much of the last 50 minutes. Next, I used the gyms new machines to do some upper body work. In the mean time, Fern arrived (she took a half day off). We both left around the same time. I stopped in at Subway for some lunch before heading over to Fern's for a quick flick (A PBS production about Snowflake the albino gorilla). Then I went home to clean up for this evening's activities. Back at Fern's, neither one of us could really think of anything to do that excited us. My suggestion was to go to some dive bars we've never been to before and have some beer, chat, maybe play some games or sing karaoke. But I wasn't that passionate about the idea. I hoped that once we found ourselves at a new place, drinking beer and talking, we'd have some fun. I soon realized that it probably didn't matter what we were going to do, I just wasn't feeling my perkiest, liveliest, fun-lovingest, and decisive self. And once I realized that, I really fell into a funk. Nevertheless, Fern did her best to cheer me up, and we had some good eats and a few laughs anyway. We ended up walking downtown and having some appetizers (pupus) and beer at The Reef, then stopping by Urban Outfitters to find something to spend Fern's gift certificate on. I decided to head home fairly early, as soon as we walked back to her place. A funky Josh is not a fun Josh. I'm hoping to sleep it off tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home