Engage.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Milo Firsts

Today is Wednesday-in our household it is known as Daddy Day. Milo and I spend almost all of Wednesdays together. He's enrolled in daycare three days a week. He has a Mommy Day (Monday), though technically speaking he has a second Mommy Day (Saturday) when I typically work. Day care days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Anyway, boring details.

I was not feeling so hot this morning. We've all been suffering from head colds and sore throats for what seems like forever. Last night I had an especially painful sore throat. So I was thankful for Milo needing to go down for a relatively early nap around 9am. I was able to lay down and relax a little more than the usual Daddy Day.

Point of this blog?? Oh right, firsts. Well, Milo crawled in circles underneath one of our stool chairs. That was different. He started making a sound that seems a lot like talking-kind of a purposeful succinct whine.

Not that long ago, he started spinning around while standing. He also demonstrated walking backwards. A couple of weeks ago he started "flying like a bird" after I showed him how. Its now one of his dance moves. Also, he copied my orchestra conductor arm waves that I did when we listened to the short classical music tunes on his Baby Einstein musical turtle.

Today we signed up for a new day care. We met Jennifer at the Y's daycare, called "The Children's Village" in a Presbyterian church conveniently located downtown, not far from my workplace. We like the place-Milo especially. He instantly started playing with the trucks, firetruck, helicopter, and balls. Milo doesn't start for a couple of weeks. It will be expensive. And we're a little worried about his transition to a new place. It will be full time as well-five days a week. Also, he hasn't yet gone to one nap, reliably speaking. I'm sure there will be difficulties with the transition, but I don't expect them to be anything extraordinary. Crossing fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home