Engage.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

I met Fern at Alias this morning and enjoyed the usual-Parmesan bagel with honey raisin walnut cream cheese, and house coffee.

Oh, but first, last night Fern and I hit the town for a very short while. We stopped in at Pengillies. It's one of the only non-smoking bars in town. Since it was a Saturday night and one of Boise's most popular musicians (Jeremiah James) was performing, the bar was absolutely packed. After I gave up, Fern succeeded in procuring a beer, which we shared. Neither one of us is particularly social creatures, and with people packed like sardines all around us, we found little joy n' comfort in the experience. So we didn't stick around long-just long enough to drink our beer. And that was the night...

Back to today. I went to work this morning meaning to get a lot done; but once again, slow business and the fun loving nature of my fellow employees really turned my mood away from hard work. I didn't do much, but got to several small starts anyway.

I called Fern as I was leaving. She wasn't doing very well she said when I asked her. She had a good reason to be upset, but I don't feel like its my place to talk about it here on this blog. I can say that I rushed over to her place to try to offer some comfort. Ultimately, she chose to deal with things mainly by herself tonight.

I did manage to get a workout in at the Y. I pedaled the recumbent Expresso bike for about 45 minutes, riding the first 5 courses on the beginner course and taking a hard n' fast tact on most of them.

I went home and called Fern. I suggested that pizza and a movie might be the thing for her tonight. I ordered the pizza and cleaned up. Fern decided to stay home, so Eric and I sat back and watched a stage of the 08 Tour that took the riders over the highest mountain pass used in the race. It was stunning scenery.

Finally, I spent a little time on RichardDawkins.net, responding to a response to one of my comments about the issue of forcing unfit mothers to take contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancies and uncared for babies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home