Engage.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Grass Stains

How many times in one day can I bitch about the weather? Many, many, many times is the correct answer. Am I capable of complaining about the weather not only verbally, but in writing? Damn straight I am. Here, allow me to demonstrate.
Fucking rain. I'm chomping at the bit to get out and engage in activities that most people find extremely painful; yet mother nature, for no good reason, has decided to ground me to my room, barring me from romping all over her lush landscape. I'm ready and willing to suffer-I need the pain to feel alive, to feel good. This might sound a little like Big Brother, but for me, pain really does equal fun when that pain comes from charging over miles of Boise front single-track, either on two wheels or two feet. Feeling fast is feeling strong is feeling healthy is feeling good. Sometimes feeling fast requires feeling pain. Its really simple. I try to avoid pain in general, but when it comes to biking or hiking, I'm very willing to take a whooping for the rewards I receive. Anyway, this macho "no pain no gain" tangent has gotten me off topic. What I mean to say is, I'm actually dying to engage in activities that are very healthy but are so often avoided due their tendency to hurt, yet I can't even do that....the weather won't let me. Mother nature is being a bitch these days. That's all.
So Jennifer and I threw a Nerf football and a Frisbee around Camelsback park today. That was good. Not to mention fun. Fern and I both have this obsession about needing to feel our hearts race, so you can be sure we hustled all over the park, chasing every wild throw, and lunging for anything that fell within 10 feet of our bodies. We actually threw the frisbee so much that our catching hands got sore from all the impact. Fern's arm even received something like a blood blister. Despite the acrobatics and overuse injuries, we both managed to avoid grass stains on our outrageously expensive but worth every penny jeans. I'm so proud of us.

6 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It was a Poof! football, not Nerf. Poof! is the new Nerf. Nerf being all '80's and retro, Poof! being modern and 21st century.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

And I still contend that those were grass stains on the knees of your expensive jeans.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Josh said...

contend all away. I know worm poo when I see it. believe me. I know worm poo.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Consider the case made by each brand of foamy toy. Poof:

"The quality of Poof products and their proven sales capabilities make them highly desired by toy buyers in all classes of retail trade. Furthermore, because of attractive retail prices coupled with quality soft, safe, foam features, Poof products attract the interest of the cost conscious shopper looking for great play value at reasonable costs."

Nerf:

"N-Strike; Enlist, Engage, Enforce!"
--(these words are accompanied by a photo of a young soldier launching a Nerf SAM (Surface to Air Missle) from a portable SAM delivery system. In addition to one anti-aircraft missle, the system comes with a dozen armor-piercing, tank-busting 50mm rounds.

If our ball wasn't Nerf, it should have been. Anything less than a Nerf shock and awe campaign cannot be trusted to stop terrorists dead in their tracks.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Poof! all the way. That is all I have to say. Down with Nerf. Down.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Josh said...

You just like to say the word Poof!, go ahead, admit it. As far as shere quality of the microscopic spongy particles, Nerf is Nerfalicious whereas Poof is just plain poo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home