Engage.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

You can never have enough granola, that's for damned sure. Sadly, I just poured the last of my stash into my bowl and doused it with milk. I'll enjoy it, even if its only about 1/4 cup. I should've bought more. Who would've thought granola from Winco's bulk food section was so scrumptious?

Today was cause for celebration. After months of studying, Fern took the GRE and scored well enough to get into the school of her choice-the local school with an MPH program (master of public health), ISU. We enjoyed a celebratory drink at the Neurolux not more than a half hour ago. There, a friend of Fern's, a member of her old "posse", Sam, appeared out of nowhere, and spent time chatting with the little ninja.

Before the winding down at the Neurolux, the two of us got rowdy with the poof football and smashmitten in Anne Morrison Park. This bit of excitement followed an excursion to BSU's Sub, where we walked through the bookstore and put together two small puzzles I bought at Rite Aid earlier in the day. Fern completed her's first, as I struggled with my final remaining piece for two whole minutes.

My day off was spent straightening the apartment, doing laundry, zoning out in front of the TV from time to time, reading at Java, and transcribing thoughts from my notebook to my blog, Reconstruction of Disbelief.

Yesterday after cleaning up, I met Fern at Zuttos for some very fine sushi and conversation. Later, in celebration of our 19th monthiversary, we topped off the evening with some fine star gazing at her apartment.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger Nicki Baker said...

I got your comments. I am working on answering all your questions, so check into my blog until you see the answer. It will probably all be in a new post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home