Engage.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hey, great! I didn't let this weekend go by without getting nice and buzzy, er drunk, er whatever. Really, there needs to be another word for drunk that isn't "drunk", cause when I say the word drunk I think of someone who can't walk straight, who slurs his speech, and makes a complete jackass of himself. That's not me. I'm just feeling good. Why can't we call feelin' the alcohol "feeling good", or something along those lines? I've got a good buzz. That's the best way the English language allows me to express the way I'm a' feelin', but somehow it doesn't do it justice.
Let me say that I don't know why Long Island Iced Tea and all its various forms, like the Black Opal, aren't absolutely famous for their ability to do the job, so to speak. The drinks regularly push the $5-7 mark, but their bang for the buck is unmatched. And unlike beer, their "drunk" is quite nice.
So, I just arrived home from "Humpin Hanna's". A quality establishment I've got to admit. Whereas people smoke and converse at the Neurolux, my usual hangout, folks are fun-oriented at Hanna's with the plethora of pool tables, the foozeball, the dance floor, live music, and all. Fern and I played a few rounds of fooseball (who the hell knows how to spell it, and who cares?). I don't know if there's anything that pumps alcohol into the system faster than a fierce game of table hockey. Other than the table hockey and public make out sessions, Fern and I enjoyed a middle school dance to a Cindy Lauper song as sung by Rockie Johnson.
I skipped out on the last 2 hours of work in order to buy a season pass to Bogus Basin for the sale price of $200. Very excited about that. What's extra great about it, is that the pass for next year will gain me access for the rest of this year. So, if I can buy a snowboard, boots, and bindings, it won't cost me a thang to spend a day on the mountain.
I worked to day because I traded a day with Sandy a couple of weeks ago. Work was busy-business is amazing considering its February. Sold a $2500 bike. Customer was grateful for my help, which always makes me feel good.
Inway, that's it. Night.

Oh yes, after getting season passes and before hitting the town, Fern and I created an amazing Tofu Stroganofff; which, since the recipe came from an eclectic vegetarian recipe book, was more like stroganof and a big bowl of simmering vegatabley goodness. We mixed the two together and it was great. Then we took Chester (Jennifer's house-sitting dog) for a walk to Camel's back.

2 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, hot stuff...
Fancy a drink to celebrate Third Monday?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Josh said...

sho' thing firecracker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home