Engage.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Great weekend. Friday was a beautiful day. A perfect day for staying indoors; cleaning my room, detoxing the bathroom, doing laundry, the dishes, etc. That evening, Fern and I stopped by church, and ate at a new Mexican restaurant downtown. Fine atmosphere and food, just a little too authentic to be tasty.
Saturday was perfect. I slept in before being picked up by Fern and beginning the days adventure. We stopped in at the Flying M and got Mochas to go. The day's main event was next-snowboarding at Bogus Basin. It was a gorgeous, relatively warm day. For the first time we both utilized our very own equipment and passes. It cost us nothing to spend several hours having a blast on the mountain. I became a little concerned about my board selection after having difficulty turning on the first run of the day; but during the second run, down an intermediate slope, my advanced to expert level board felt much more manuverable and at home. I made a decent amount of progress that day, my third time on "the hill". I had several smooth runs with plenty of turns, and had a ton of fun in the process. I left satisfied but knowing that I had a lot I still needed to pick up on. Back home that afternoon, I zoned out in front of the TV for an hour or so, then cleaned up and met Fern (who was running a mild fever) for an evening out. We ended walking around town a bit before catching a movie at the Edwards 9. We watched "Freedom Land", a suspensful murder mystery packed with intense scenes in which Samuel Jackson and Julian Moore flexed their enormous acting muscles. A good film for reasons other than just the acting. Afterwards, we grabbed a bite to eat and consumed some vino at Grenika.
Today I slept in, worked, and met Fern for a Mountain Bike Ride(!). The temperature outside must've been near 51 when we headed out. The wind was brisk and the trails just a smidge muddy, but the ride was great. It was just what we needed. It has literally been months since we last went on a mountain bike ride together. I was impressed with how well Fern rode after all that time. We went our seperate ways after the ride, cleaned up, and met at Pollo Rey for dinner. I ordered two items on the menu-a stuffed carne burrito and a roasted chicken quesadilla-because I was starving from missing lunch (work was busy). After dinner we drove to Barnes n' Nobles where I looked at a couple progressive magazines as well as a few music mags.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

And my allergic reaction to the outdoors has gone away. Whew! I was worried that my eyeballs were going to swell to the size of cannonballs and that I'd be covered in welts and scabs. Also, I feel satisfied from my B&N celebrity magazine experience, but I didn't have enough time to check out the fashion magazines or the music as much as I had wanted. And now I have no car to drive out there. Boo. I hope that I don't "run a fever" tonight. Singing...you give me fever, fever!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Josh said...

What an astute nubile ninja you are. Your sharp mental prowess compliments your stunning physical attributes perfectly. Go forth great dragon and breath your fire breath until nothing is left of this sad, sad world but ashes!

oookay, I'm glad your eyes are normal size and your skin lacks scales.

Currently, I am not feeling so hot, although the mashed potatoes and gravy I made are magical. Talk to you tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home