Engage.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

I'm back in Boise, feeling as though life is returning to normal. The strict schedule-related stress of the trip is all but gone, and I'm nearly caught up on sleep. Since stepping off the plane yesterday, into the brisk winter air of a non-mediterrainian climate, I've fervently sought out the comforts of home. First, I dove into bed in an attempt to recover the massive amounts of energy I lost while sitting on my butt for so damned long. Seriously, travel is almost as bad as shopping when it comes to draining one's living essence. Curled up in bed, surrounded by the familiar, I managed to fall in and out of sleep for about two hours. Its funny how not quite sleeping sometimes has much the same effect as sleeping. I crawled out of bed somehow feeling reinvigorated and took a long shower. Fern came over for pizza and a chat that evening.
Today, I met Fern for a mocha at the Flying M. We walked through downtown afterwards, stopping in the Lux, a used clothing store; Renewal, a consignment furniture store; and the Idaho Historical Museum-also a place with a plethora of old stuff on display. We had lunch at Mai Thai, Boise's best Thai restaurant. Then, after a break at Fern's apartment, we hopped on the Tandem and toodled down the greenbelt to veteran's park. We played at the park (what else would one do at a park?) and rode to the theater to view Munich (a predictable movie with distastefully graphic scenes that was somehow made acceptable by a powerful male sexual presence...am I right?) It was a frigid ride home in the dark along a fast flowing Boise river. Back at Fern's, the two of us warmed up and wound down, then went our seperate ways.

And those are the facts, only the facts. Its all you'll get today, as I'm dead tired. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home