Engage.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Where oh where have all the chocolate pudding cutie pies gone? Why oh why do I only see fruit filled cutie pies on the shelf at 7-11? Is it possible that the Hostess man stocks the shelves with fresh chocolate pies at the start of the day, and that by the time I absolutely need to satisfy my cutie pie craving at 10pm, other's have walked off with every single morsel of chocolatey, creamy goodness?? If so, its way beyond unfortunate, its tragic.
This morning I woke up somewhat early in order to shave, shower, and get to work in time to sweep and mop the floor before we opened. For some reason, I was thinking that it was Valentines day, so I began formulating plans to send flowers to Jennifer at work. I thought it would be a nice surprise, especially in light of the fact that I don't put much stock in Valentines Day-I think its one of those manufactured holidays that I didn't sign off on; and besides, every day is supposed to be a Valentines Day, right? Well, I'm glad things were just busy enough at work this morning to keep me from carrying through with my plan. Needless to say, I would have felt a little embarrassed if I had sent the flowers on the wrong day.
There was little time to rest at work today. As is often the case, I had to put my lunch on hold half way through in order to help a customer. I sold a $2000 bike which happened to be one of my favorite road bikes, so I felt good about that deal. I also talked with a gentleman (the lingo we choose to use when referring to male customers) for a length of time about the Specialized Roubaix-a full carbon bike that's known for its stable handling and smooth ride-a bike that I felt would be perfect for the RAAM (race across america), which the customer was going to be a part of in June. I talked to this customer until 6:12 or so, several minutes after close, and then rushed over to the Jordan Ball Room at the BSU sub to meet with Fern and listen to a short talk by Seymore Rush (the last name is wrong--don't know why I just forgot), a well known journalist. It was an entertaining and informative talk. I found Seymore to be a likeable fellow, although I was just a little uncomfortable not with the fact that he was biased/partisan, but with the fact that he was extremely biased/partisan while being a journalist. Bush's policies and the horrors of the Abu Grabe torture/shaming episodes deserve even greater outcry and investigation than what Seymore has done---I'm just saying that sometimes an extremely one-sided, passionate position expressed in opposition just seems kinda dumb to me. Preaching gloom and doom is soooo Republican AND Michael Moore, if that makes any sense. Its not attractive.
Anyway, afterwards, Fern and I walked to Winco and picked up some meat on which to poor Stubs BBQ sauce. At her home, we cooked up the pork chops, some brussel sprouts with houlendaise, and un-deluxe macaroni and cheese. A great meal, for sure. That's all.

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Its Seymore Hersch, I remember now

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

One of my coworkers received four singing Valentine's this morning. They were four older gentleman who sang really cheesy love songs. Everyone gathered around to gawk at them and her reaction. When I first entered the room to see them, I was hoping that they were Valentine's strippers. Then I noticed their old age, and was glad that they weren't.

Later, I was having a chat in my boss' office and she came over and said, "I hate to interrupt, but these are for you", "these" being a red rose with decorative white blossoms and baloon. I assumed that they were for my boss, but then when she placed me at the desk I was working at, my mouth opened into such a wide grin that I gave myself premature wrinkles. It was much more tasteful than singing old men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home