Engage.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

12:40 am. After a night on the town. Just a little drunk.
The day's activities began with meeting Jennifer at Function. Yesterday, I received a call from the proprietor of the establishment informing me that two new models of Citizen (of Humanity) jeans had just arrived (yes, I'm now on the Function call list). This was my motivation for visiting the high-end clothing store today. Jennifer's motivation was the possibility of finding a hip t-shirt to spend her gift certificate on. It was raining as we met up and entered the store. I found the new jeans comfortable but rather boring. Jennifer found nothing to blow her certificate on. We left and sought out a Flying M mocha. Unfortunately, everyone else in Boise loves Flying M on Saturdays, so every seat in the hause was taken and Joshifer could not engage in the desired day-off M experience that we had been hoping for. We waited, got a slice o' pie at Guido's next door, and tried again. Again, every sitting spot in the M was taken. So, we made our way to the corporate giant Starbucks a couple blocks away. With our mochas in hand, Fern wrote in her journal while I read more on the dysfunctional reasoning behind marxist philosophy. Next, we trotted down to the Book and Gift store and read fashion and music magazines. BTW, I'm only becoming more and more metrosexual the older I get. Being fashion conscious is fun. Anytoot, after all that, Fern and I went our seperate ways, as has been our habit on full days together-to take a break, a nap, or whatever in the middle of the day so we can reboot, so to speak. We rebooted, and a couple hours later I met her at her apartment for some R&R. Then, it was on to Savors. On the way there Fern told me about Brangelina's tatoos and related topics. I listened while marveling at the western sky, which after sunset had turned a pasty yellow beneath a band of black clouds with wisps of grey. Stunning really. At Savors I hunted for a cool suit jacket (preferably grey), a hipper bag than the messenger bag I carry, and pasta holders. As is so often the case, I left Savors empty handed, although I almost bought a brownish pcoat. At the last second I decided that the coat only served to make my small head look really, really small above the coats broad shoulders, collar, and overall fit. Good call, I thought. (I always feel good when I'm able to determine why something isn't good enough for me) After that experience, we went to Ross. Ross is one of those places that can make you sick with all of its diabolical pieces of clothing, yet a wonderful gem sometimes pops up among all the shit. This is why one visits Ross. Tonight, Jennifer struck gold. She purchased a pair of sexy red pumps for something like $9.00. She also found a hip hat for like $6.00. I also lucked out, buying a 2 CD collection of Johny Cash hits for $7.00 and a 10 CD set of The Greatest Classical hits. I love Cash and I love classical music. Up until today, I just haven't owned much of either. So yay for me and yay for Jennifer for her two aquisitions. After Ross, we stopped by TJ Max in search of red curtains for Jennifer's apartment. We didn't find any, but we had a pretty nice shopping experience anyway. TJMax always has interesting things to look at, even if I always walk away not buying anything. After the Max, Fern and I took care of our hunger issue at Wendy's. Its rare for us to eat fast food, but tonight we were all about business, for we wanted to continue the nights festivities while we still had energy for it. We drove back to Fern's, modified our attire slightly, and walked to the Balcony downtown. When we arrived, Fern realized that she left her wallet at home (she is a leaver of things), so I volunteered to run back and grab it for her (she wore the pumps she bought today, so she wasn't able to run around all that comfortably). I did so, we entered the Balcony, ordered drinks, and began feeling really good. The outward manifestation of us feeling good at a dance club is an overabundance of making out, as well as getting freaky on the dance floor whenever the DJ plays something nasty. An observer may find the scene stimulating or hilarious, either way, we don't care because its all good fun. I had a long island ice tea, a sex on the beach, a vodka colins, and half a cosmopolitan. Needless to say, I felt great. Fern drank vodka colins and cosmos. She was loving life as well. We got our freak on out on the dance floor for a few songs, but mostly we watched other more "interesting" people shake their groove thangs. Then we walked to her apartment. I borrowed her bike and rode it home. That's all. Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home