Engage.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

It was a big day on the hill. Fern, Eric, and I snowboarded for atleast 4 hours, if not 5. It was a beautiful day-blue sky, bright sun. It was soooo fun. Pure unadultered fun. Its a really simple thing. It defies analysis or elaboration. I went up, I went down. I turned this way, I turned that way. I fell, I flew. What else do you need to know? All in all, way more fun was had than harm, although every now and then I'd have a painful fall. My hands took the most abuse. I accidently caught air and landed on my tailbone. But I think I was too thrilled by my own progress to let a little pain get me down.
The other news of the day is my poor diet. Donuts, coffee, string cheese, apple juice, fries, onion rings, pudding, toast, and cereal. What the!? I'm paying for it now. I feel feverish and naseous and weak, although better than I did a half hour ago.
Finally, I'm flying to California tomorrow to attend Specialized Bicycle University at Specialized headquarters south of San Jose. There, I'll go on amazing bike rides with the owner and employees of my favorite bicycle company. I'll be there to attend classes, or clinics, on specialized products and salesmanship. I'm looking forward to it but I'm also sorry to leave Fern for 4-5 days. It'll be a change of routine to say the least.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Personally, I am very impressed with how well and quickly you are picking up snowboarding. In addition, I am impressed with myself for being able to snowboard so well after having not for a year. Thanks to Dad for supplying us with free passes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home